QEB supports environmental sustainability and community involvement as well as taking an ethical approach to marketing and providing financial support to Advocate, the Bar’s Pro-Bono unit.
We believe in:
- Environmental sustainability: recycling, waste management, water management, renewable energy, reusable materials, ‘greener’ supply chains, and reducing paper use. Chambers takes all reasonable steps to reduce the negative impact of its activities on the environment through the encouragement of members cycling, using public transport, and thus reducing its contribution to climate change except where the cost of doing so is wholly disproportionate to the benefit gained.
- Community involvement: This can include raising money for charities, providing volunteers, sponsoring local events, employing staff, and supporting economic growth.
- Ethical marketing: Chambers ethically markets to clients placing a higher value on their clients and respecting them as people who are ends in themselves. We do not try to manipulate or falsely advertise to potential clients.
- Monthly financial commitment to Advocate (Bar Pro-Bono unit).
Our core values govern the way we work and how Chambers operates. They mean that our barristers and staff are committed to equality and fairness in all aspects of their work.
- Promotion of Equality of Opportunity
QEB seeks actively to promote equality of opportunity. It is a long-term aspiration that Chambers be comprised of roughly equal proportions of women and men, and that minorities be properly represented. It is one of the aims of Chambers to help facilitate access to the legal profession to those traditionally excluded.
- Public Service Ethos
We are committed to a public service ethos. This includes a commitment to publicly funded work and, where appropriate, pro bono work. Such work is held in equal esteem with private client work.
- Respect and Courtesy
QEB is committed to ensuring that all those who work within Chambers are always treated with equal respect and courtesy.
- Teamwork and Co-operation
Teamwork and co-operation are important values. Although our members remain individual practitioners, we are committed to working together to deliver legal services through sharing legal and practical knowledge and experience.
- External Training
We are committed to offering training opportunities, including pupillage, mini pupillage, work experience and other forms of training to those who wish experience of the legal profession. Resources are limited however and therefore selection processes are used.
- Work Life Balance
QEB is committed to enabling all those who work within Chambers to achieve a proper balance between their working and home life.
Get in touch or request a callback
Call +44 (0)20 7797 7837 or complete the form to make an enquiry or request a call back. (* Indicates a mandatory field)