Our Physical Return to QEB
In the past few months our priority has been maintaining a full service whilst at the same time doing everything we can to ensure the safety of all those who use QEB. With that at the forefront of our thoughts we continue to follow the advice of HM Government as to our return to our building.
In recent weeks we have taken many of the steps necessary for our building to reopen. These include:
- A full Covid-19 secure Risk Assessment carried out by an independent Health & Safety Company.
- The implementation of all recommendations to ensure the safety of all.
- Hand sanitiser stations at each entrance and wipes will be readily available.
- The use of floor markings indicating directions to follow throughout the building.
- Safety screens have been installed in reception and in the clerks’ room.
- A thorough deep clean has been undertaken with a revised daily cleaning schedule
- Conference rooms will be used only once a day and cleaned after each use.
- There will be a limit on the number of people permitted in each of our conference rooms.
- For some time now, we have been using video conferencing software. This will continue allowing court hearings, conferences, private FDRs, round-table meetings, and arbitrations to continue as at present. That is, to take place either wholly remotely or on a part-attended part-remote basis.
Following the recent advice of HM Government, the clerks and administration team is working partly from home and partly in Chambers. We continue to provide the full service that we have maintained throughout the pandemic, organising meetings, providing advice, drafting documents and managing court hearings in accordance with the needs of all parties and the changing public health situation.
Tim Amos QC – Head of Chambers
Howard Rayner – Senior Clerk
As stated by HM Government “We would expect all businesses to demonstrate to their workers and customers that they have properly assessed their risk and taken appropriate measures to mitigate this. You should do this by displaying a notification in a prominent place in your business and on your website” This we have done, and the attached “Staying COVID-19 Secure Certificate” indicates this.